Our first Compilation album! After many weeks of preparation and organisation, we are immensely proud to present to you all the final track listing of the Number 1 covers so brilliantly produced by 15 hard working and very talent bands and artists. A special mention should also be accredited to Bravestation who’s Talking Heads track we’ve included as a bonus track.
When we originally contacted each band, we simply presented our idea to them and asked them to produce the best quality track that they could. With no funding other than money from their own backpockets, each band went away to produce their track with the facilities they had available to them. All of us agree, that after listening to the final result, we are hugely impressed by how enthusiastically each band approached the task that they so generously agreed to. Working from scratch, these bands did not simply go away to produce haphazard bedroom recordings, rather they produced professional recordings that all provide incredibly interesting takes on very well known (loved or hated) tracks.
As we mentioned in our original announcement, we are not only releasing the compilation in celebration of our 1st Birthday, but to also raise awareness and money for Youth Music. This fantastic charity does some truly amazing work with disadvantaged children and young adults, bringing musical equipment and activities to places which may otherwise may never have had the opportunity. Music is a truly special creative outlet, and we believe that with the impetus of creativity, a community spirit can be lifted immeasurably, thus in turn providing brighter, more fulfilling futures. It would be great to think that through our enjoyment and hard work putting this compilation together, the joy that music brings can be perpetuated through to those who gain a priceless reward from Youth Music‘s work. Below is a link to donate directly to Youth Music, and I encourage you to give as generously as you can.
With a final thank you to all the bands that contributed to the Compilation, all the writers at CitR who worked tirelessly to make this possible, and our chosen charity Youth Music, we are delighted to now present to you our first ever CitR Compilation Album!
You can either stream (left click) or download (right click, save target as) individual tracks below, use our nifty little player, or download an entire .zip file of all the 16 covers at the link found towards the bottom of the page.
1. Blue Sky Archives – Killing In The Name Of (Rage Against The Machine Cover
2. Spring Offensive – Bonkers (Dizzee Rascal Cover)
3. Howth – Beautiful Boys (Sean Kingston Cover)
4. David Thomas Broughton – Hero (Enrique Iglesias Cover)
5. Tomahawks For Targets – Maneater (Nelly Furtado Cover)
6. Weather Barn – Toca’s Miracle (Fragma Cover)
7. Patterns – Pure Shoes (All Saints Cover)
8. Yoyoyo Acapulco – I Kissed A Girl (Katy Perry Cover)
9. Loon Choir – Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen Cover)
10. The Wild Mercury Sound – Sound Of The Undeground (Girls Aloud Cover) (Live At London School Of Sound)
11. My Tiger My Timing – California Gurls (Katy Perry Cover)
12. Bear Mask – Rolling In The Deep (Adele Cover)
13. Nevada Base – All The Things She Said (T.A.T.U. Cover)
14. Polarsets – With Every Heartbeat (Robyn Cover)
15. Paul Thomas Saunders – My Sweet Lord (George Harrison Cover)
Below is the ace video Patterns created alongside their cover of All Saints ‘Pure Shores’ —